May God richly bless you !!

As Christians we are called to be fishers of men... so

have you been fishing lately?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Does anybody care?..... Do you?

Years ago I hear a sainted old preacher tell this story and it has always stuck with me. Today as I was napping (I work 16 hour days I am entitled) God woke me up with this memory and I felt truly led to post it here. It seems this preacher had a vision one day of a vast field with acres and acres, and on this land were untold thousands of people in all sorts of pain and anguish, some very grotesquely disfigured. Their were burn victims, amputees, bruised and battered children even. All of them crying out in pain and agony. The sound was deafening, the stench was gut wrenching and the sight was heart breaking. The preacher said he began to cry and call out to God. "Why God Why?" Why all this suffering?..... He said there was silence as from Heaven came God's own voice saying "It's because nobody care." The preacher cried out "I care, I care if nobody else cares I care! Then in his vision he went about laying hands on the people and seeing them recover. In his vision he saw new arms and legs grow he saw burned skin become smooth, he saw children who once were crippled run and play. You know if we all truly cared we could stop so much pain and sorrow in this world if we wereen't so wrapped up in ourselves. If the church truly cared about people there would be no limit to what we would do. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment