May God richly bless you !!

As Christians we are called to be fishers of men... so

have you been fishing lately?

Monday, March 29, 2010

Why are we here?

Have you ever asked this question? It can seem like a hopeless cause to try and find the answer. I mean the choices are nearly endless. I may not know the exact reason we are here, but one thing I do know is that it is not so that we can worry. I think that worry is one of the biggest attacks Satan throws at us. He knows if he can get our minds on worry, that he has accomplished a-lot. Not only has he stolen our time and creativity. He has severely wounded our faith and that is very detrimental to the outcomes of our lives. And certainly worry and stress has a major impact on the well being of our bodies physically. I was amazed about 12 years or so ago when I was the youth leader at the Tateville Church of God of Prophecy, we held a lock in one night and we had about 15 young people in attendance. I felt led during one of the devotion times to talk about worry to these young kids ages 10 to 15. I asked a simple question to this group while every head was bowed and every eye shut. I asked them if the devil fought their minds with worry. Every child raised their hands and more than half confirmed that they spent more time on worry than anting else. satan was robbing these children of their youth. Be strong and of good courage. God tells us over and over in the Bible to fear not!! In one place he said it does us no good to worry that by doing so we can't change anything anyway. Give all your cares, troubles, woes and worries to him today and take a long sigh of relief as your faith begins to grow and you know that God will work it all out for your good!

No comments:

Post a Comment